August 14, 2007

Today is Tuesday...

Which means tomorrow is Wednesday, which means that tomorrow I start my MOTORCYCLE course. What am I excited about? Learning to ride - having the confidence to go out on the road on a bike (I kept hearing bikes as I walked around town today and kept getting a little thrill going "That's going to be me soon!!") What am I nervous about? A few things. I don't like not doing well in a class, and seeing as this is a practical application kinda course, I have the potential to not do as well as I'd like (I generally like being in the top percentile of the class, or I'm not happy - and there may be much more experienced riders taking the class with me). I'm also nervous because it's a lot of responsibility to ride a motorcycle - there's a lot of potential to get hurt on a bike than a car. I'm also nervous because once I'm done my course, I will need to take my biker's test with ICBC to see if I get my full licence, and I'm worried I'll fail. Of course, then I watch all the doofuses on the road who ride bikes, and I go "Hey, if that irresponsible idiot can pass this road test, then surely I can". Of course, if I fail, what does THAT say??

More details tomorrow!

No comments: