I bet most of you have never heard of that before!! That's right, remember those commercials for the pizza's you watched bake in your oven - and then people would go out with a lovely square on their faces that was burnt from watching the pizza. Well, I basically have a burn in exactly the same place, because of wearing a helmet a lot of the day yesterday, being out in the sun (after it stopped raining all morning), and riding around with my visor up and the sun beating down. It was lots of fun, and I passed my MSA (that would be my motorcycle skills assessment)!! What does that mean, exactly, well... BEFORE the test there were two restrictions on my learners, #10 which states that I can't ride in the dark, and I can't have a passenger and #11 which says I have to have someone who knows what they're doing watching me at all times, and I can't go faster than 60km. Now that I've passed, restriction 11 is GONE, which means I can ride by myself, even on the highway if I like. YAY!! I still can't ride at night, and I still can't take passengers, but otherwise, I'm good to go.
Oh yeah, and for those of you who are DYING to ride with me on a motorcycle, I'd just like to point out that I BARELY passed, so you may want to still give me a little time to perfect my riding before you hop on. BUT a pass is a pass, and that's good enough for me!!
Now, tonight I have my first road ride (what is that, you may ask, well, it's a ride on the road - up to this point everything's been done in a parking lot), and it'll be nice to go beyond second gear - ok, third, but I wasn't SUPPOSED to be in third...oops...and we'll be riding from 7:30-10:30 pm, so not only will we be on the road, we'll be in the dark. BUT we'll all get to ride together, and I think it'll be lots of fun, we've got a good group, and I feel confident about almost all of them riding.
That's all, I've gotta go work on wedding pictures now...
August 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so impressed with your ability to ride a motorbike. Love the image of the face.
It wasn't a dramatic enough burn it would have shown up well on a picture, otherwise, there totally would have been one up here, I assure you!
Post a Comment