August 17, 2007

FOUR Andy's???

Well, as of Wednesday, I now know four Andy's, and am suddenly in a quandary. If the accepted number of Andy's to know is a mere two, what happens when suddenly your sphere of Andy'ness opens, and you meet more. Do you have to reject some Andy's in order to maintain the balance of two per person per time frame? My teacher's name is Andii at the motorcycle class, and this other guy in the class introduced himself as Andy, and my teacher would say "NO, I'M Andy", every time. It was kinda funny.

It's a weird class to be in. Much of what I've heard I already knew from my Car driving lessons at the tender age of 16, and from common sense, and from my supremely brilliant husband who has taught me both information about motorcycles as well as how to be a better and more alert driver. BUT there's little things that keep coming up and make it worth while. The thing that has stuck with me the most so far is this: When riding a motorcycle, you are worth spending some money on proper equipment, from boots to gloves to jackets & pants to helmets. The dutch in me has been fighting this for many years. Every time Brad would want some $100 gloves, I would cringe. Now I think: hey, if it's the difference between him having fingers or not having them, get the gloves! It becomes really REALLY obvious. SO - because of that, I've gone shopping - got myself some nice leather boots, and am going to buy gloves, and eventually a jacket too (although I'll probably wait for the motorcycle show in February for those) that are high visibility so that I'll be harder to miss on the road.

Tomorrow I start training on the actual bike. THIS should be when it gets a little more interesting!

2 comments:

Roboseyo said...

your Andyness is matched by my Jin-erousity. I have a friend named Jinyoung, two friends named Heyjin, contacts named Mijin, and Hanjin an ex-girlfriend named Eunjin, and students named Woojin, Jinkyu, and Jinhee. Korean names are confusing: just take two of these syllables:

eun, mi, young, ho, san, seh, sung, jung, hee, ha, hey, su, ye, and jin, and put them together in any order, and you have a Korean name.

Deb said...

The difference being that Andy isn't a terribly common name out here (as evidenced by the fact I only knew two up until two days ago). Now if you asked me how many Dave's I know...