She slept most of the plane rides, which was wonderful, and got held by some wonderful people at the wedding while Brad & I were taking pictures. We've got some video of her and Silas hanging out that we'll have to get on here soon.
It's funny how different Silas & Aria are for being cousins and so similar in age - they just feel different - Silas is a lot more solid, Aria sort of cuddles in, even their skin and their smell are different - and Silas is certainly much more smiley and giggly than Aria is (we'll just wait) a while, and more blond too, but just as adorable!
A couple funny stories from the weekend - one was during the wedding. Caryn & Dan were taking care of both Aria and Silas - to me that means, ensuring they're both well cared for. So, at one point, one of Caryn's aunts was holding Aria and Caryn assured me that there was no one who would take better care of her. Later another aunt had her and Caryn said the same "No one would take better care of her". Well, I just had to call her on this - they can't BOTH be the best care givers in the world - one has to be slightly less good, right??
The next funny story was at night. Brad & I and one of the Ouwehands was up chatting, Silas and the other were fast asleep in their bedroom. Aria started to really cry (at around 10:30 or 11 or so), and a couple minutes later the sleeping O comes out of the bedroom laughing. Evidently this O had gotten up from a dead sleep - grabbed Silas and tried comforting him, was super impressed that he'd fallen back asleep so quickly and THEN remembered that there was another baby in the house, and realized Silas had been sleeping the whole time. Very funny for all of us!
All in all - it was a GREAT weekend, probably the best we've had with Dan & Caryn - full of love & cuddles for the new babies, and enjoying their beautiful home.PS Aria just sneezed and farted at the same time while sitting on my lap as I type this.
2 comments:
So fun! Next summer, I hope we can plan to all be in the same place at the same time! Thanks for the stories, and the pictures from Brad a couple posts ago which I'm still enjoying.
I would just like to confess to all that the sleepy Ouwehand was me... Caryn. Yes, it was one of my sleepy-est moments thusfar in parenting.
Post a Comment