July 01, 2008

Aria's Namesake

Aria, Wade and Julie

This is Aria meeting her middle-namesake for the first time. I don't know if I've told the story yet on this blog - but Julie & Dan and I have had this special club for many years - the first club. I was born January first, Julie on April first and Dan on September first - so instantly we think people are cooler when they're born on a first (that's right Mom J [May 1] and Caryn [August 1] - I'm talking to you). SO, last year when Wade was due at the end of December the three of us discussed the fact that he was going to ACTUALLY be born on January first (which he was!!). It's fun to have a good friend's baby born on your birthday - and his middle name is Steven - which is Brad's middle name (although spelled differently). SO, when I got pregnant and told them she was due May 9 - well, I was aiming for my mom-in-law's birthday of May 1, but when things started going sideways, I started to aim for April 1st instead. And it WORKED!! Thank goodness inductions can take three days, eh??

So, Aria was named after Julia April - and both were named after the month they were born in. Since Julie lives in Ontario, we had to wait until now for the two of them to meet - but it looks like it was worth the wait. AND I would like to say that Wade was the bestest most gentlest kid I have ever seen touch Aria (who hasn't got a younger sibling)! WOW was he ever good. He'd stare at her, and just softly put his hand on her hand or cheek - I never worried when he was close to her like I have when other kids get too close!

Such fun to see all of them - life is sure different for the four of us than it was when we first started spending a lot of time hanging out six years ago or so, but it's still so good! I'm glad to have a friend like Julie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to echo the fact that - I am glad to have a friend like Deb. Julie