July 03, 2008

Progress

Aria is making a lot of progress - Dad J said that kids don't just gradually change - they seem to make big leaps all at once, and it feels like that's happening this week. I just measured her yesterday (with masking tape on a blanket she was lying on) and she was 2 feet! 24 inches (and out of almost all of her 0-3 month clothes) and when I weighed her she's 12lbs 10oz!! WOW! As well, just recently she's really started smiling and being more responsive intentionally - what fun to know that you're the one who got her to smile! Today (and yesterday a bit), she was also cooing and really sounding like she was talking, rather than just crying to communicate. She likes to talk to me, and to the ceiling fan (so I don't get TOO excited). Then today I held her up (her legs are getting quite strong), and thought I'd give it a try - so I held her only by her hands and she held up her own weight! She stood! WOW! She's just doing SO well right now - it's really exciting. She's also much better at finding her actual thumb - and for sure putting her hand up to her mouth - she's going to be a thumb sucker, just like her Auntie Beth and her Grandma (not that they do it anymore...right guys?? Right???)

We also have plane tickets now to Red Deer and Ontario for the summer, so we're super excited about those trips! Who knows what she'll be able to do by then!

Have a good night!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yay! Sounds like she is doing so great! Bethany and Carrie Ann both found their fingers/thumb right around three months too, and both fit the size clothes of their age -- wow for Aria! (Matthias is actually starting to catch up to his clothes size, I think.) Thanks for the fun post!