July 09, 2008
Aria's First Babysitters...
Well - this Sunday Brad & I did a photography gig - and I'd been avoiding thinking about it (since it meant leaving Aria), and so I left getting a babysitter until the last minute - and then the people I called weren't available because they were (in order): On Vancouver Island, in Mexico, in Australia, in New Brunswick, in Indonesia, in the States, gone camping, gone hiking and had to work. FINALLY, I called a girl from our church who I don't know well, but I just figured she'd be good with kids. Turns out she'd just finished a first aid course the day before (check) and wants to go into child physiotherapy (check) and has TONS of experience (yay) - all of this I found out AFTER asking, but that's beside the point. The point is, we went to the PNE - took pictures at a corporate party, and left Aria wandering with Sarah and her friend for four hours - and she was AWESOME!! I fed her right before the gig started (at the PNE at 10:45), then left her with them, did my thing (expecting she'd need to feed at some point DURING the gig - she didn't) and then when they came back (at 3:30), I fed her again and we packed up and all of us went home. It was lots of fun to be working again, and doing something other than taking care of Aria - and knowing she was close enough that if I was needed I could be there, but still knowing someone else was taking care of her was a great transition into the life of babysitters. I'm glad Aria was so good, and I'm glad I handled it well (I was very proud of myself, as only a mom who's had babysitters can understand). This is where not having a mom around was tough - it would be a whole lot easier to leave Aria with a grandparent, BUT in the end we all survived!.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi guys,
I haven't read your blog in a while so it was fun catching up and seeing all the cute pictures of Aria in all her different moods. I'm so sad that I'll miss seeing you when you come to Ont. We'll be in Korea during that time. I hope the rest of the family will get to see you.
Yes, grandparents and other family members are great babysitters. We relied on them a lot and appreciated all they did for us. It sounds like you have a lot of other (busy) friends that can help you out though.
Aunt Greta
Post a Comment