October 01, 2007

I just went shopping...

And bought a bunch of maternity clothes. How weird! I figure part of embracing the fact that I'm pregnant is taking steps to accept it, rather than spending all of my time pretending nothing is different. Things are different than last time, although I'm still not puking (which in some ways would be a relief). I have been feeling less stable in the stomach area - and my mom never really had morning sickness, and Rebecca didn't have much with most of her kids, so maybe it's just not a common O-hand trait - and since I so seldom throw up anyway, perhaps it's ok. There's other things that have made me feel a little more confident, but until I hear a heartbeat - I'm not making any promises that I'm all gung ho. ANYWAY - I went shopping, and rather than feel fat in a regular store where nothing fits like it used to - I went to a maternity store and bought stuff that could be confused for regular clothes anyway, and rather than feeling like a very large woman who just keeps putting on weight, I felt very slim in maternity clothes. What a nice feeling.

So...I don't need them, and I SURE hope no tags stick out and people find out - but I sure like my new clothes and I'm glad to have a few investment pieces - that hopefully have to last me for the next 7 months. This HAS helped my excitement build, which has been a nice change from some of the other feelings I've been having.

Gotta go find food - I'm STARVING!

No comments: