September 04, 2007

Oh...You'll Just Know...

Well, it's funny to me that so many people have told me that once I get pregnant again "You'll just know that you're pregnant" after all - they did. I know people who woke up the next day and "KNEW", people who had a pregnancy test sitting on their kitchen table for a week and a half before any results could show up.

Well - I didn't know - not at ALL. Looking back, I can see that I was probably over emotional last month, I can probably see that the weight loss was WAY easier than it normally is, and that I missed my mom a LOT, but at the time, I couldn't figure out why all this was happening - and certainly didn't chalk it up to being pregnant because I didn't FEEL pregnant - and I just didn't "KNOW", like they all said I would. SO - that being said - when I was late, I certainly didn't have a test sitting on my kitchen table waiting, I was a little scared to take it right away and trust that I was even after that point. Three days later, after a LONG wait (the last time the positive result showed up almost immediately), I found out for sure.

How are we feeling about things this time around? A LOT more apprehensive. Hoping for a LITTLE morning sickness, to confirm that there's hormones abounding, but at the same time, not a TON of it because, like you can see in my other posts, I'm slightly too busy for a LOT of it. We're hopeful, but tentative. It's a LOT harder for me to connect with this little one, in a way, and yet, in another way, it feels like things will be OK (and that's God letting me know that - whatever happens, things WILL be ok). Am I thinking about the lifelong responsibilities? Nope - I'm just aiming to make it beyond 10 weeks - after that, I'll look at the rest of the kid's life.

So - YAY....and....oh no...all over again.

No comments: