April 20, 2007
Three Cheers for Student Loans...
Brad and I have been trying to look on the positive in regards to our student loans for the last 10 years (sigh, has it been that long?? Yes...and longer...SIGH). So, every time we go down another 1000 it's cause to celebrate. This year we paid off Brad's loan (HOORAY!!!!!), although I got a statement from Stupid Bank (aka Scotia) the other day informing me that once again, he has $0 and he owed $0. It's been 9 months or so, hopefully they'll figure it out eventually. We also paid off my PROVINCIAL loan (HOORAY!!!!!) at the same time last year, so now we're down to only one loan - which is my Federal loan. SO, we still have reasons to celebrate on a semi-regular basis. This time, we can celebrate being under $13,000. Yay...sigh...Oh well. It's still good to see it going down. And hopefully, by the time we have to re-mortgage our house in 5 years, it'll be paid off. Wouldn't that be amazing? But it's ok, because in 2004 we had $27,000 still to pay, so we've made some very good progress in the last 3 years, I'd say (thanks Mom & Dad J, for your help with the very good progress). That's not bad. and thus, three cheers for Student Loans: One's paid: HOORAY, another's paid: HOORAY, and one's shrinking slowly....yay. Hey, I didn't say they all had to be the same volume of cheering, right??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would also like to take this opportunity to express my deep distain of student loans... "ARRRGH... I HATE MY STUDENT LOAN!!!" There I feel better now. Yes, we feel your pain. I think ours are paid off in like 72 years or something.
Post a Comment