It's been a strange week here. Monday morning, as Brad drove me to the doctor's office and the hospital, we had snow on the ground, and on the trees (which was weird, with blossoms and snow). By the end of the day, in parts of Langley, it was summery and nice enough to wear a T-Shirt! (Brad has mentioned it was a three season day) We've discovered, since moving to the top of the "hill" in Murrayville that the small change in elevation actually impacts the weather, as we have snow, and keep it much longer than people down the hill (and it's really not a very big hill). It's kind of funny!
Yesterday was Good Friday, and William announced our miscarriage in church. We decided that being part of a church family meant they needed to know what was going on in our lives. As well, after doing a play rehearsal on Wednesday night, I realized that it was too hard to do church things and have no one know the incredible change that has happened in our lives, so he announced it, and we reflected on Jesus' death, and I know that because of sin in the world, our baby is dead, but because of Jesus, our baby is in heaven. It was a hard service to sit through, I was thankful Brad was beside me.
There's this real dichotomy in the world right now for me. I see trees bursting with flowers, I see daffodils and crocuses out everywhere. Buds are forming on trees that don't flower, people are starting to wear shorts and feel summery, and every time I think about the life that is developing around me after a long stark winter, I also remember that there is death in the world. It's a weird thing to celebrate life and suffer death in the same breath, but I feel like that's what I've been doing a lot recently. Thankfully, even with the sadness, there's also comfort and peace. God has surrounded me with a good church family, an incredible group of friends in the area and far away, amazing family members who are walking this road with us, and a spouse who is there for me, to comfort me, to make me laugh and to ride the roller coaster that are my moods this week. I am so thankful for his patience and understanding during this week.
Life is hard, but God is good.
He blesses us everyday, even this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment