April 21, 2009

Suddenly she's all grow'd up.

It's been a really crazy week here. Fabulous, but crazy. Great in that the weather is awesome, and I've only had to teach once a day Monday & Tuesday (it's Tues night right now), so it's been good quality time with Aria. We spent most of the day outside today playing at our fountain, visiting with the local dogs and eating outside (less cleaning up afterwards...YAY)

Crazy because in the last few days, Aria has started saying all kinds of words.

I'll brush her hair with her brush, and then give it to her, and she'll brush her own hair, and when I tell her it's pretty, she'll go "pity". Then tonight she was looking at a ruffle on her shirt and she said "pity". WOW is she ever smart. She said it without me prompting her at all! The other day someone was leaving and she waved and said "bye bye" (and said it again when I hung up the phone with someone tonight - no prompting, but I had just said it into the phone). She said "keys" today while playing with my keys. She's just doing lots of repeating sounds, it's pretty phenomenal how many different words she's tried out. Before this all happened though, all she was saying was "hi". Then last week I realized that she also says a sentence. She says "is-is-it" which means "what is it". She'll raise her voice to make it a question, and will often start with OoooOOOOooohhh as if you've just seen something very interesting. Ohhh...isisit? as she's looking at something. So, she went from Hi, to a sentance to some pretty cool words. I know she's said more, but I can't think of them off hand.

It's funny, because I spent so long feeling like she wasn't saying anything that she truly understood, and now she's trying on all kinds of words for size.

She's also really developing a sense of humour, and one of the funnest things is to do something that makes her scrunch up her nose and with sparkling eyes she'll just laugh at you like you're the funniest human being around. I love it.

She's also taught herself how to climb down stairs and off of couches all on her own. She doesn't do it every time, but I'm glad she knows how, so I don't feel like I have to help her off every time.

She's such a cutie, and developing a wonderful personality, for which I am thankful - a cranky-pants all the time would not go over well with me this week on my own!

Friday's coming soon! Can't wait to see Brad!

2 comments:

Roboseyo said...

Thanks so much for sharing that, Deb. I really appreciate your stories.

love
Rob

bradj said...

Ah man, she's great! I remember my sister learning "pretty" ("pity") as well way back when.