As I said earlier (I think), Aria needs to be "eating" on her own for two days in order to go home. Sunday morning I was all excited because she'd bottle fed all night - if she did well the rest of the day and the next, she could be home by Tuesday YAY!!
She didn't. She was sleepy & lethargic all day (could have been from being woken up at night - who knows, she's a baby - and "Figure Out The Baby" is a game I don't know how to win yet - ever... So I was pretty sad at the end of the day Sunday. Sunday night she got a feeding through her tube again (the third of the day), BUT today she did AWESOME! FOUR feeds in a row - full feeds from me, and the last one she drank 67 ml!! (She only needs to drink 51).
SO...we're going to try bottle feeding again tonight. Here's hoping things work out. At this point, though, I'm tired of getting my hopes up - I'd love to have her home for the weekend, that would be great - but we'll just have to see what happens - and I'm willing to be patient - since she doesn't seem to be the sort who likes to be rushed.
We still love her to bits - she's completely adorable and it's been wonderful to sit with her and have nothing to do except hold her. All the housework & preparations are at the house, and when I'm at the hospital - they're not even an option - which is kinda nice. I need to remember to create this cuddle space and time in my day every day, not just while she's in the hospital.
Pray for more good days!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment