April 06, 2008

Deb's going home...

My blood pressure is figuring itself out (meaning the pills are working and keeping me stable) - so I'll be able to leave the maternity floor probably tomorrow. HOWEVER...I'll still be in the hospital more often than not until Aria also figures herself out. She eats like crazy! It's amazing how strong her neck muscles are, she can lift up & move her head when she wants to, and when I try and pull her off the breast - she sure lifts her own head and lets me know that that's NOT an option yet. BUT when she's not feeding with me, her stomach doesn't react well to the food they give her (she especially doesn't like the ham sandwiches for some reason) - so she's just not getting enough food & liquid for a baby her size and until she is - she's on the IV and we're waiting. She's just got to prove to them that she can do it - and I need to learn to be patient as she does that!!

So, if you're the praying type - pray that her digestive issues sort themselves out - she needs a couple of good bowel movements, and her stomach needs to start digesting all the nutrients she's getting fed and then, hopefully, we get to take her home... PRAY.

2 comments:

Roboseyo said...

I will pray for all that.

meanwhile. . . has she said anything cute yet?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear things are sorting themselves out. I hope and pray you and Aria will be getting stronger at home soon. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure you've got a whole whack of them already! Aunt Greta