July 30, 2007

What I'm learning...

By posting on my blog every day, I'm learning that most people DON'T write every day, and I miss that. Because I'm on the computer every day now, I look forward to seeing who has new stuff out there...and there's less and less who do. Now, I know that life gets busy in the summer, and that there's lots to do, and that some people are busy doing things like planning weddings and growing babies, but I'm not asking for much, really. A little sentence...something to let me know you're still alive & thinking...anything? I enjoy reading people's thought & reflections about life, or simply like to know what's going on with people, and when so many friends are so far across the world, blogs are a GREAT way for me to do that...IF they do that. I know I've been just as bad, and this isn't intended as a guilt trip, but I miss the little pictures with a silly sentence underneath. I miss the one sentence stories. I miss hearing about your lives. I know it's summer, and things can get busy...it's true, but TRY...

Oh yeah, the other thing that I"m learning is that I LOVE it when people comment on my blog. It makes me feel good to know that I've said something that others feel is worth commenting on.

That's what I've learned so far. That, and the fact that some days it's WAY easier to come up with something to write about than other days.

3 comments:

bradj said...

Didn't I say that this was ambitious? There's a reason -- I can't even offer to begin to reciprocate your commitment. (Your recent blog commitment, I mean...)

Anonymous said...

i don't have a blog - so i can't update it every day - but your is still pretty awesome! gives me some great things to think about when i leave for work in the mornings. thanks for contributing to the positive start of my day :-)

Deb said...

Thanks, Alyssa. That's a cool thing to hear, and has inspired my next blog posting...