March 16, 2007

Introducing our baby...

That's right, we'd like to introduce you to our baby (still SO weird to write that...in fact, I don't know if I ever have before). Our little one has been around since the beginning of February sometime and I'm happy to say I couldn't give you an exact date. That means that during our school's production of "The Importance of Being Earnest" our baby was already growing and I like to tell Brad that if it can survive it's first week-ish of life in that amount of stress and busyness, then it's a pretty tough baby.

We found out we were pregnant on February 20th and this was my reaction:
This morning I took the pregnancy test. I bought it last night and was super nervous, even though I figured I was since I was supposed to start my period Monday, and I'm never late - and sometimes a couple days early. I told Brad after eating some breakfast (I was starving - go figure!) and he was lying in bed. It was weird because I was lying beside him, stroking his hair thinking "I know something that is going to completely change your life, and you won't know until I tell you". Crazy. Then I told him. He opened his eyes really wide, looked a little shocked, and then went right back to sleep again. A bit later he opened his eyes again and looked at me and just smiled. Very cool. He told me later that he was just checking to see if I was telling the truth or just joking around. I was telling the truth... And so it all begins...

And that was exactly it. I went to work and had to pretend that everything was normal and that nothing was going on. So easy! It felt like every conversation around me was about babies and all I wanted to do was tell everyone, but I couldn't. So I didn't. Which means that none of you even know yet...but soon you will!

No comments: