March 24, 2007

How the naming of the Fetus came to be...

Some of you may be wondering just why Brad and I have been trying so hard to name our fetus. Well, it comes from an old (or new?) family tradition. Whose family tradition you may ask? Well, neither of ours. Our good friends Dan and Julie have family who have done it, I'm not sure who started the tradition, but Julie's sister was the first I'd heard of.

They named their first baby Fezzik the Fetus because they assumed, since Steve was tall that their baby would be huge (Hannah is the tiniest girl you've seen, she's actually been to the doctor about her small size), other names: Cletus the Fetus, Laverne (yes, it can be a boy's or a girl's name, just ask Julie's dad), Clarke, Barricuda
(guess what kind of car that baby was conceived in), and most recently Balu (short for Beluga) who is now Dan and Julie's son Wade. SO...we're happy to add our fetal name to a list of fun names for fetuses.

No comments: