Brad & I have been looking for a name for this fetus for half of a pregnancy already (that's right, I'm over halfway there already). Now, we were going to name it Zaggy Moondirt - but then when Dan & Caryn told us their fetus name was Ziggy Stardust, we figured that name was out...
So, we kept coming up with names, and they just wouldn't stick. I personally liked Bob for quite some time, but Brad said it wasn't asexual enough...picky picky...
So, a few weeks ago we were talking about cellphones - and Brad told me that there were areas in Africa where cells have become so prevalent that people don't have house numbers on their houses anymore, they have cell numbers, so when you get there, you can call them to let them know you're there. Then he said that whole idea is quite different from the years when people didn't even have doors on their houses, so people would call "go-go-go-yi" (go yee) which meant "knock knock" to let people know they were there. I thought Go-yi would be a fun name for the baby, since right around the time we had the conversation, I was also feeling Go-yi move and kick for the first time. So we tried it out for a while, to make sure it stuck, and it has.
So...we'd like to introduce our fetus to you all. It's name is Go-yi and it's moving and kicking and knocking on my belly every day now, which is kinda fun, and kinda weird. In less then 5 months Go-yi should be ready to meet the world. AUGHHHHH!!!
January 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go, go, Go-yi!
(note: that's not the same as go-go Go-yi -- though apparently some days it feels like that to Deb.)
I love the name! Maybe it will stick as a nick-name after the baby is born... Dan and I are already wondering if that is going to happen to Ziggy. On that note... sorry we took Ziggy Stardust, what a weird coincidence that you were going to pick Zaggy Moondirt.
Post a Comment