Last night for the first time Go-Yi kept me up with it's kicking (not for too long though, I didn't mind). Generally, at night, I enjoy a good 15 minutes or so of lying in bed before I fall asleep, and I just rest my hand on my belly and feel the kid moving and kicking. I think if you were watching my belly some days, you could probably SEE something, but it's dark & I'm under the covers, and not super motivated to get cold just so MAYBE I can see something move. So - instead I just put my hand on and enjoy the company of my little one. Last night (or should I say very early morning) for the first time, Brad could feel something too. There's been a few times where he's tried, and as soon as he puts his hand on my, all movement stops (except once, when there was a good strong kick, but I instantly gasped because I was so excited Brad might have felt something, that my gasp was more movement than the kick was - and how could he be sure he'd even felt anything). Once or twice when he's been waiting he'll ask: "was that something?" when I felt nothing on the inside - so last night was cool. I just laid on my side and his hand was resting on me - he was semi-comatose, but he could definitely feel the movement. When asked about it later - Brad's super excited response to how he felt about it was "I felt tired". Funny, a very similar reaction to when I told him we were pregnant with Stretch. He's going to be a great - laid-back father, which I will enjoy watching.
Only 111 days to the due date...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love feeling the baby move around! It is definately a unique feeling having a little person inside you. Ziggy has a habit of moving a whole bunch and then as soon as I get Dan to put his hand on my stomach, he hides and sits very still. Ziggy's getting a little joke-ster personality already. The best is when they discover that you diaphram is like a massive trampoline and they start to kick themselves off of it, slingshoting their head into your bladder.
Okay, note to all spouses: when trying to get your life-mate contagiously excited about something (anything!), it's best not to wait until that fractious instant between asleep and awake. It's a moment in which there is no sense of proportion, only panic. You can't tell if you just have an itchy ear or you're having a heart attack. So asking someone to contemplate the deeper implications of how his or her life is suddenly charting unexpected territory called parenthood, in that very moment(!), is just not fair! (Just so we're clear, "Touch my belly" is just code for "You're entering another dimension. How do you feel?") :-)
That said, as I imagine all that awaits me, and all I have to learn, and am supposed to teach, well, yes...I feel tired. :-)
And Caryn, you crack me up! :-)
Well, my babies all liked to "wait and see" whenever Frank put his hand on my belly too. When he poked and prodded, then they would "play" back with him! A friend of mine lets her husband shine a flashlight on her belly to play light games with her baby -- what a cool idea! She let me feel her baby and it gave me a good kick! I guess friends are easier to kick than Daddy.
And by the way, you don't have to let them kick you in the ribs. Matthias loved to lodge his feet in my rib. Just press firmly downward and tell baby it's not okay to hurt Mommy!
Post a Comment