June 13, 2009

The (Citric) Acid Test

Today's a good day. I'm in a really good mood, which is always a pleasant surprise. And you know how when you're in a good mood, things come along to test it for you? Well, I had kinda of a slow start, with a shower, and getting into my favourite jeans and I long-sleeve t-shirt I like, and decided to throw some work into a new business site that I'm starting with another photographer. (Check it out here if you're interested, but no pressure! :-) ) It's right at the beginning stage and needs an influx of content. I felt the mood to chip away at it, so poured myself some cold, delicious orange juice and sat down at the desk. That's when disaster struck!

As I lowered myself onto my chair, I got the lip of my very full glass of orange juice, and promptly dumped it all over myself. My desk. My chair. My keyboard (though mostly spared, it did get some on/in it). And the floor. And as I sat there in incredulity and utter shock (did I mention it was cold?), and feeling it soak into the seat of my underwear, the phone rang. It wasn't a long phone call, but long enough that whatever was going to soak into me was good and truly soaked.

I hopped right back into the shower, got dressed into my other favourite jeans, and another long-sleeved t-shirt I like, and I had to keep returning to clean up more spots where the errant o.j. has managed to collect itself in sticky pools. I didn't get the work done I was hoping to.

But I passed the test! I'm still in a good mood. :-)

1 comment:

Caryn Ouwehand said...

Wow, and there was no crying... I would have cried.