June 14, 2009

Aria and Food

It's been an interesting relationship with Aria and food as time has gone on. Learning what she likes, doesn't like (it's amazing how much this correlates to what I don't like...if I think it tastes gross, I'm way less likely to feed it to her) and so much more. She's eating a wider and wider variety of things, and we're moving further from the "baby food" section of the supermarket to different areas. I like it because there's less spoon feeding, and more self feeding, which means sometimes I even get to EAT at the same time as everyone else, BUT it sure is messier.

Aria's also really learning to take her eating cues from us. Brad was giving her chicken the other day, and he would blow on it to cool it off before giving it to her. She would then take the chicken and "ffffftttttt" blow on it herself. SO CUTE!

The next day I gave her chicken. It wasn't hot, but she still blew on it before eating it.

Today, she "ffffttttt" her cereal, and then popped it in her mouth. I guess she's learning that you blow on food before you eat it. PLUS, it's just fun to "ffffftttt"

Love to you all!

No comments: