September 29, 2008

I Did It! I Did It!




Today we enjoyed the 'last day of summer' by zipping out to the lake. What I'm excited about is that I've finally created usable portraits with my ultra-wide lens! (If you use it wrong, it makes people look really, really strange.) Look at the range of scenery and sky that are pulled in to each shot! I'm still working on balancing sunlight and flash. And I'm lucky to have these two willing, great(!) women in my life to work with. :-)

5 comments:

Deb said...

And here I thought that the "I did it, I did it" was Aria going in the water (and seeming to enjoy it until it got too cold). She seemed to really enjoy the waves and the way the water moved around her.

bradj said...

Well for starters, I don't put words into Aria's mouth. :-)

And she was pretty calm the whole time, while I'm pretty excited about finally achieving this!

And instead of 'women', I should have said 'babes'. That's funner. :-)

g&gjarvis said...

So our Olympic Swimmer has got her start. Great pictures of great subjects.

How much does she weigh now, Deb? I have a line on a snowsuit for December that fits up to 20 pounds.

What do you think?
Love ya'
Mom

Bott said...

Awwww! Aria is growing up so fast! The pictures of her on Sept. 27 had me melting!

Anyway, some business things. First, what is your email address? I wrote an update in Hotmail, then realized I don't have your addys. I'm feeling lazy with the blog (big surprise).
Second, I have a lovely article for you to read. You will nod your head the whole time and think, dang, my intuition is so freaking good. Anyway, enjoy, pass it on, etc. : http://www.adbusters.org/magazine/80/quit_facebook.html

bradj said...

Dang, my intuition is so freaking good! :-)

Actually, I've had moments of self-doubt about Living Martyrs. But I hope I offset my own introspection by using my blog as a touchpoint for the stuff I appreciate just as much, or more, than the stuff I think about. I try to make it a place of connection and passion-building more than a place of self-aggrandisement.

I'm not sure if it's paying off or not, and I probably never will. I have, however, (mostly) made my peace with that. :-)

Oh, and you can put Adbusters links on my blog anytime. I've just added their site to my RSS reader -- that's high praise! :-)