It's funny, I get gifts sometimes, and I totally remember who they're from and when they were given (Aria's currently wearing a yellow pj she got from her Great-Aunt Kellie and Great-Uncle Ken (yes I had to put the greats in there), that we got in May when Brad's parents came out to visit (see, I remember very specifically), BUT there are other things that we have and I have no idea who they came from, or when.
This book is one of them. When I got it I must not have thought much of it. It's four pages, with a bee, a worm, a butterfly, a dragonfly, a beetle and a ladybug on them. Whoooo
oooo. The words, not too impressive, the book is cloth, and I'm not super into biology, so bugs & beetles don't inspire me. BUT ever since I first showed it to Aria, she's been fascinated. The first time she stared at a book for a long time it was this book (this was June-ish).

The first time she grabbed something it was the wings of the beetle & dragonfly on that page of the book. She's learned to feel the fuzzy bee, grab the pages, touch the different textures. She loves the colours around the edging of each of the pages (contrasting colours, ohhhhh), she now consumes this book in a variety of ways (including putting it into her mouth and attempting to eat it). The book has some crinkly material in the front cover, and Aria's learned if she grabs onto the book and moves her hand, it makes noises...she talks to the animals. When we took the trip to Ontario, we brought that along, and each night we'd put it next to her, open, wherever we slept and she had a familiar thing to wake up to (it worked).

This book is one that I WISH I knew who gave it, because if I could thank them properly, I would! So - if you sent it, consider yourself thoroughly thanked. If you know who did, let me know.
Otherwise, it will simply remain in the realm of many of Aria's things - I'm very grateful for them, and for the love they were given with, and I couldn't tell you who gave them. What a blessing to have so many gifts we can't keep track of them all! Aria is a very blessed girl (who likes to read - YAY!).
No comments:
Post a Comment