February 24, 2010

Wow, what a show!

I cried at curtain call tonight - normally I can get caught up during a show, but tonight, the overall everything of the show just made me so proud that I cried! It was an amazing opening night. Not everything was perfect, but it was all so good.
Some highlights - one character not remembering his lines, and just sitting, rocking in his rocking chair not doing a thing...
When the witch kills Aslan (*oops, spoiler alert), and she laughed her evil witch laugh the entire audience took in a collective breath - amazing.
Mr. Tumnus' button came off in the final scene.
And my pride with how well everyone did when they were taking bows, and my feeling of utter relief knowing that my job was now basically over...YAY!

A great show! Come if you're in the area!

3 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Congrats for a job well done.

Rebecca said...

My heart is there and I'm glad to hear my prayers are being answered. I hope all the performances are as awesome!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen it. I'm glad things went well in spite of the minor glitches. Greta