We were coming back home from visiting friends tonight, and Aria was in her cute, tired phase. (It's the one right before she goes into over-tired meltdown.) She was buckled in her car seat, kind of in her own world. She was saying "Woah...Woah!" and I could tell she was smiling and getting a kick out of it. So I said it back to her. "Woah!" Her smile broadened. When I said it again, she giggled.
She'd start saying it, and would do this reaction-seeking fake laugh she's developed. (It's totally adorable!) And then I would say "Woah!" or "wo-wo-wo-Woah!", and she'd just start belly-laughing. It was a full-throated laugh, with helpless little toddler splutters added in. We staved off meltdown tonight just by saying "Woah" in every possible way we could imagine, and we kept her smiling until we got home, at which point we could settle her (though somewhat slowly after all that stimulation) and put her to bed quietly.
I think we'll keep her...
October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is awesome! We totally avoided a meltdown yesterday driving back from Edmonton by going, "BEEEEEOOOOOP!" to Silas for 20 minutes. Its amazing the things we find ourselves doing these days.
Post a Comment