A blog about the journey of our lives. Find out what's new and exciting in our neck of the woods (woods meaning suburbia...).
February 05, 2009
Look Closer
Shot with my new (used) lens. If there was ever a lens just to buy for photographing your 10mth old, this is it! (Click the pic to see it big. Now, that's what I'm tawkin' 'bout!)
It's a Pentax 16-45mm F4.0 -- the advantage to it is that the aperture doesn't change as you zoom in or out. Optically, it's a pro lens -- sharp where it needs to be sharp, and soft where it needs to be soft. (Her eye is tack-sharp, and her ear is right out of focus.) And while it should retail for $400 or so, I picked it up used for just over half that. (Its previous owner sticks strictly to manual focus, which isn't what modern lenses major on.)
I have a Sigma 24-60mm F2.8 that should be a better, faster lens. But it's not nearly as refined. My 'new' 16-45mm can be leaned on for all sorts of portraits and subjects. This isn't just a joy, it's a huge relief. I don't have to spend $1,000 on for the solid performer that I've been yearning for. :-)
2 comments:
Wow... awesome pic!
What lens is it?
It's a Pentax 16-45mm F4.0 -- the advantage to it is that the aperture doesn't change as you zoom in or out. Optically, it's a pro lens -- sharp where it needs to be sharp, and soft where it needs to be soft. (Her eye is tack-sharp, and her ear is right out of focus.) And while it should retail for $400 or so, I picked it up used for just over half that. (Its previous owner sticks strictly to manual focus, which isn't what modern lenses major on.)
I have a Sigma 24-60mm F2.8 that should be a better, faster lens. But it's not nearly as refined. My 'new' 16-45mm can be leaned on for all sorts of portraits and subjects. This isn't just a joy, it's a huge relief. I don't have to spend $1,000 on for the solid performer that I've been yearning for. :-)
Post a Comment