December 13, 2008

Teething hurts

It hurts both mom AND baby. Poor Aria has one tooth just poking through on the bottom, and the other bottom tooth is just under the surface (the skin is white, but still covering the tooth). She's FUSSY, and I'm struggling. It's really not easy to deal with a teething baby all day on your own (Brad's been taking pictures of Dogs with Santa). Especially after taking care of her all week.

Pray for Aria that her teeth will come in quickly, and as painlessly as possible (pray HARD for this one), and pray for me that I can continue to deal with her without completely losing it!!! I came pretty close today.

Thanks.

2 comments:

melissa v. said...

xo
teething sucks!
hang in there...
how old is she? If she's over 6 months, frozen carrots in those mesh bag safety holder things (the ones that look like a soother with a mesh bag attached? Can't remember what they are called) can be soothing.
tylenol too, of course. Tho I usually save that one for bedtime only or when they are really freaking out because they can develop resistance to tylenol's effectiveness if over used, plus it's extra work for their livers to metabolize the acetamenophin.
Nurse lots.
Mostly, it's a waiting game.
A sucky one!

Caryn Ouwehand said...

Uh, Deb, reading this post made a little spot in my heart hurt... cause I am SOOO right there right now with you. I too have had many days where teething has almost pushed both of us over the edge, and it is really hard when you are by yourself. I will be praying for you two!