October 24, 2008

Aria's Oral Fixations...

If you've studies child development or psychology, you hear the theory that children have different fixations at different times. If, as a parent, you try and stop them from experiencing that thing, they end up remaining fixated on that for the rest of their lives. At the age Aria's at, putting things in her mouth (oral) is her fixation. Initially, she wasn't so coordinated with her hands, so she'd aim straight for stuff with her mouth, now she's learning to grab first and THEN put things in her mouth, regardless, everything goes in her mouth.
Here are a few examples of that.


This next one reminds me of a picture of her Great-Aunt Kathy from when she was a baby. **as I was waiting for these videos to upload - I had some lunch. I put Aria in her high chair (thanks Dan & Julie) and gave her some toys. She dropped ONE over the edge and started to fuss, I told her "Aria, you've got three more toys, no need to fuss" and she immediately proceeded to throw the other three toys off the edge of the tray! She's got quite the sense of timing, I must say!!**






I tried uploading a video of Aria having her first try with "solid" food, but Blogger isn't working with me on this one, so we'll leave it instead with a picture of the final result of that first attempt.

No comments: