It's been great to be in Ontario visiting with family & friends. Aria has been absolutely amazing! We're both just so proud of her. Her grandpa put her to bed in her crib tonight (she's got her own room with a crib & change table, as well as having a stroller at Grandma & Grandpa's - what a blessing!!) and she went to sleep pretty quick - and I could hang out in the basement with Brad (which means sleep now a days).
There are so many stories to tell that I can't think of any of them right now. Aria was amazing on the plane - slept all night, even through a change of planes at 4am. Other than the three poopy diapers she was a rock star(minus the drug trips and womanizing...manizing??)!! We celebrated mom & dad's anniversary on Sunday and saw Aria's great-great aunt Ruth today. Aria's been making great sounds, many that sounds like words, a few are something that sounds like hello, mom and hi. Today Aunt Ruth said "hi" and she said "Hi" right back! How funny!
She's just about giggling right now - mom SAYS she heard her giggle - cascading tiers of giggles followed by catching her breath and doing it again. Of course no one heard her but mom...so I'll leave it to you to decide whether or not it's true. She hasn't done it since...
On Friday I'll be visiting with Dad & the B* family and showing Aria her Oma's special spot. I get teary just thinking about it, but it's the reality of what our family lives with, and I look forward to telling her about her Oma as she gets older, just like dad used to tell us stories about my Opa.
She's such a joy, and sharing her with all the family out here has been such a joy. Thanks, mom & dad J for the opportunity!
More stories as I think of them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny, Deb. I think I was thinking about Mom at the same time as you were writing about her.
Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment