August 18, 2014

JJ's ONE!!

 Happy Birthday to our little guy.

From your Big Sister:
Some of the things I remember about the year when you were zero are the day before your birthday we went to the waterslides. One your one year old day, I was like "WHAAAT? It's his Birthday?".

The first time I met you I really wanted you to actually be a girl, but now I realize it's not too bad to have a boy in our house either. When you were first sitting down I was super concerned because I thought he was going to fall down, and a few times I was right and a few times I was wrong.

Right now he is good at crawling, standing, picking up things and opening drawers. He just needs to learn how to walk.

I think my brother is so adorable, 'cause sometimes he has cake all over his body ... he he he.



  This photo was taken of JJ by his big sister on his birthday!


From Mommy:
JJ - I love you so much. It's hard to believe it's been a year since you were born. I've been so blessed to know you and to love you - you have brought joy and laughter and so many diaper back into my life. You were a surprise, but a blessed surprise, and we are so glad to have you in our lives.

Some of my best memories of you from right now are the way that you smile at us when you see us come into your room as you are waking up. I love the way you dig right into playing with your toys when you go into the playpen, and the way you get so excited when you go outside. You are learning how to use bottles, which certainly makes my life easier, and crawl around the apartment like a pro. Your favourite place is playing in the bath and anything to do with water, and everytime there's music on, you dance around, bouncing on your legs, shaking your head back and forth and smiling like crazy. Sometimes you even try to sing along.

You have said "Hi" and "Dada" and "mom" but nothing is really sticking yet, and you love your sister to BITS! Even though she drags you all over the place, whether you want to go or not.

You spent your first year being dragged back and forth to kindergarten every day for drop off and pick up, and the kids in the class LOVED taking turns holding you. They learned how to protect your neck (sort of) when you were little, and how to keep you from squirming away when you got bigger. They all loved you so much, and you loved being with all of them.

You are a happy kid who loves playing on your own and doesn't cry unless you have a reason. If you're not hungry, tired or missing your family, you're good to go, which is such a blessing.

You still wake up once a night most nights, and I certainly will be happy when THAT habit is over with, but I'm enjoying our midnight (or 5am) cuddles nonetheless.

JJ - you are a blessing and a treasure and I regularly look at you with such gratitude to God that He gave us such a great little boy to live in our lives and be part of our family. My prayer for you is that you will grow up to love God and learn to explore the passions and desires that God has placed in you already.

I love you deeply and will love you forever.
Mom




No comments: