February 13, 2011

The Games We Play

I've gotten Aria to play a game with me.

I ask: "Are you my x. Are you my y." Where x and y are the most random objects I can think of at the moment. She inevitably answers no to both of those, with a growing smile.

After that I ask: "Then, what are you?"

And she answers: "I'm your special girl!"

(She pronounces it "spessle" which is just the best!)

At which point I affirm her: "You are my special girl!"

After she went to bed tonight, and was quiet for about half-an-hour, I suddenly heard her voice from the crib talking to her doll, or Etton, or an imaginary friend:

"Are you my house...? Are you my bedroom...? ...Right, you are my spessle girl!"

2 comments:

hij said...

Okay, that is just too cute!
Very spessle!
Grandma J

shal said...

She'd do well in Oz! Everything finishes with ----i(e) or at least that sound anyways :)