I've been enjoying having the Coronet (the hobby car) on the road again. We're in the stage where we need two cars, and while things have been pulled apart a little bit (like the headliner is out, and the plastic interior covers are gone), it's ready, willing and able, so why not use it? :-)
Our daughter has gone through a stage of her own. She had a couple of weeks where she was adamantly *not* getting into her car seat. Ever! She would squirm and scream, and writhe with all her might. (Especially the scream part -- she could be in movies! Scary ones.) But when I took her out in the 'Net, she was over the moon. Maybe she was picking up my mood, pleased to be booting around in my fun car after (too many) years of leaving it more or less dormant. She was amazing. She was happy, pointing out everything animatedly, giving me high-fives from the backseat, giggling at nothing, and generally bouncing with giddiness.
Deb and I decided to go out later that day on a date to Dairy Queen in the big green machine. I picked up Aria, and started for the door, whereupon Aria did her freak-out routine. So I pointed to the car parked just outside: "What's going on, little girl? That's the car we're going in!" Her attitude did the quickest 180 ever. She gasped with big tears in her eyes, and said: "Oooh, toy!"
That was pretty funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dan Says,
Every once in a while we'll change the carseat over and put it in the front seat of the truck (the airbag turns off), and Silas is the same way - everything is exciting - he loves the vantage point, and he coos and giggles and watches with total fascination! I love "man time" in the truck with him!
Post a Comment