September 23, 2009

I love my job. And I love my daughter.

I really love my job. Every time I go there, I just enjoy it. I love the interactions, I love talking about drama, I'm excited about the play, I love my colleagues, I love going to work, I'm even enjoying marking!

I also really love my daughter. I love going to pick her up when I'm finished a day at work, I love chasing her around the house and grabbing her and tickling her. I love my time with her.

I wish I could do both. All the time.

Today Aria was super cute when I went and picked her up - she ran up to me and was so excited to show me around a new house (Cianna's sick - so she's staying with someone else). I also had the best drama class I've had in a LONG time, and two others that were pretty great too. I know that I'm a good teacher, but I also know that I get way less time to just hang out with Aria. I miss that. We are either at the church, or getting ready to go somewhere. When I pick her up, she's often ready to go down for a nap and then by the time she wakes up, it's time to pick up Brad.

It's a tough balance, but I truly love both. If it was just about making money, I could find something that paid more for less work, but I've been coming home every night saying "I was a good teacher today". It's a good feeling.

Sorry it's been so long. This blog is a lot lower on the priority list since starting work!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Actually, if you did either all the time, you would love it less. It is the balance between the two which makes them both so enjoyable. Find the right balance, and remember that no one can do everything! I love you lots and lots!