December 21, 2007

Last Day!

FINALLY the last day of school is here! It's been a long haul - and one very difficult class to add to the mix, and now I'm finally done!! (Well, for 2 weeks anyway).

Plans for the holidays...of COURSE not! Brad & I would never PLAN for our holidays, it just takes all the fun out of it!
Have I bought my gifts yet...or even started...of COURSE not! Brad & I do best with little to no shopping time left.
Have we decorated...of COURSE not!

What do I want for Christmas?
Well - we've been looking at things people have qualified as "stocking stuffers" in their advertisements. Evidently it's not cost that determines what goes in a stocking, it's size - so $100 gift certificate to a Spa? Stocking Stuffer. MP3 Players? Stocking Stuffers. The new iPhone? Stocking Stuffer. BUT if you spent $20 on a REALLY BIG stuffed teddy bear - now THAT would belong under a tree!

So - I'd love some fabulously expensive stocking stuffers. I've also decided that someone coming to clean my house between now and May would be wondrously amazing. Some Deb pampering would be nice (you know, manicures, pedicures that sort of thing), and I've discovered I'm running out of shoes that fit my ever swelling feet - that's right - even your feet grow when you're pregnant.

Other than that...Some energy - no more nausea (this week has been MUCH better than last) - sleep - less stress - students who are all positive and ready to work every class - there's lots of things I'd love to find under the tree if it was possible.

At the same time - I've had a number of students bring me gifts - and that's always so cool to me that they'd do that. And this week I haven't thrown up every day (it's amazing how doing that for a while changes your perspective of what a "good" day is). So there's good and not good.

In the end - it's the last day of school, and now I can finally move on to getting into Christmas mode - which is fun. And then - less than 2 weeks until my birthday - we can't forget about that of course...

I'd write more, but there's a few things I need to do, and some things I think need their own posts to say - so stay tuned!

No comments: