November 24, 2007

We heard a heartbeat!!!

It was pretty strong - and kinda cool. It's weird to think that there's a little something growing inside of me (many people my age who grew up with the movie "Alien" where something comes out of Sigourney Weaver's belly and tries to bite her can relate). My imagination gets to me sometimes...

We heard the heartbeat on Monday - which was good. The last TWO times we went to the doctor he couldn't find it (at 12 weeks and 14 weeks) so when we got there for our last check-up at 16 weeks, we were glad to finally hear a SUPER strong heartbeat - I guess our baby was just hiding & playing games, but now it's too big to do that anymore!

Speaking of too big - it's about 6 inches now (that's 15 cm for you metric types) - sometimes I hold my fingers that wide apart on my belly and think "How can something that big be in there, and I can't feel it yet?" And then I realize that for many months my sleep will be interrupted by feeling it move, and I realize I can't complain.

When we were listening to the heartbeat the doctor said "can you hear that...it's going "it's a boy, it's a boy, it's a boy", Brad, of course had to correct him and tell him it's a girl, but we'll see who's right in the end. Guessing games are fun, and I'm glad we don't know - it makes it more fun this way in my opinion.

3 comments:

Roboseyo said...

it's a boy? it's a girl?

what odds will you give me for hermaphrodite?

heartbeat. . . that's SOOOOO cool. i'm excited. i'm stoked. that's amazing.

love love love:
rob

Caryn Ouwehand said...

I think the heartbeat we heard said "its a boy, its a boy, its a boy," too.

Roboseyo said...

well, I'm glad it didn't say, "It's a hermaphrodite". Hearts shouldn't be able to form words like that -- it'd probably be a sign the lips were in the wrong place if they did.